From our Central California Region staff, thank you to our amazing and dedicated Red Cross volunteers who embody “Sleeves Up. Hearts Open. All In.”
Not all heroes wear capes, but some wear an American Red Cross vest
The American Red Cross celebrates the work and support of the hundreds of thousands of volunteers during National Volunteer Week. The Red Cross of Central California honors our volunteers who make our lifesaving mission possible to help people in need. Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering.
Red Cross volunteers fulfill many roles from providing emergency communications to military families, to responding to house fires in the middle of the night, to installing free smoke alarms and educating families on emergency preparedness and many more.
In the Central California Region, our volunteers:
- Responded to 572 disasters
- Assisted 864 families following local disasters
- Installed 6,191 free smoke alarms through the Sound the Alarm Campaign
- Provided 6,182 emergency case services to military members, veterans, & families
- Enrolled 62,903 people in Preparedness and Health & Safety Services training
Red Cross volunteers are community heroes who give their time to help others. Visit redcross.org/volunteer to join their ranks and be part of our lifesaving work.