Flu season is among us and has hit full force this season. The flu virus is always changing, but that doesn’t mean your healthy habits should be. Several people are affected every year due to the flu, but there are simple ways to prevent it from spreading and keep yourself from getting sick.
- Hard to do if you’re a people person, but keep your distance from those around you that are sick.
- Wash your hands! Germs are everywhere and in almost everything we touch. Keeping hand sanitizer and wipes are also super helpful for on the go.
- Keep your hands away from your face. It’s a habit many of us have without knowing it, but germs can easily spread this way.
- Clean those smart devices! Your phone, laptop, Fitbit… We touch these items too many times to count throughout the day. Clean off those surface germs to help prevent getting sick.
- Nutrition! Eat healthy and drink plenty of water.
- Relieve your stress, in whichever way works best for you.
If we all commit to following these simple steps, we might be able to keep our neighbors, loved ones, and community a little bit safer this flu season.
Get more health and safety tips and tricks in the palm of your hand. Download the Red Cross First Aid App for smartphones and tablets. With videos, interactive quizzes, and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to learn first aid!
Red Cross Volunteer